As a homeowner, you pride yourself on keeping your home in great shape. While staying on top of routine maintenance is a great way to preserve your home's value, you still need to be mindful of hidden threats your property may face. One of the biggest problems homeowners can experience is a termite infestation.
Your Bradenton pest controlexperts can help you deal with active termites, but you still need to be prepared so you can know when it's time to make the call. Here's what you need to determine if you have a problem and what you can do to get rid of termites.
You're Not Likely To See A Termite: How To Identify Signs Of Activity
Termites in Bradenton aren't easy to spot even when you have a full-blown infestation in your home. But that doesn't mean there aren't ways to figure out if you have these insects on your property. Here are a few key signs to watch for:
- Shed wings:Termites shed their wings as they grow. If you notice wings around wooden furniture, in your attic space, or along the floor, you may have a termite problem.
- Feces:Termites leave behind waste after feeding, and that waste can look like small piles of sawdust. If you see sawdust on the floor or around your home and haven't done any home renovation projects inside, you may have termites.
- Holes in wood:Termites bore into wood as they feed, creating visible small holes in the material. Look at the wood around your house. If you see small holes or tunnels in the wood, you may have a termite problem.
Keep in mind that the best way to check for termites is with a professional termite inspection. Inspectors are trained to spot even hard-to-see signs of infestations and can tell you if you have active termites in your Bradenton home.
From Bad To Worse: How Termite Damage Can Escalate Quickly
The more termites you have on your property, the more damage they can do. As these insects tunnel into the wood, they weaken the structural integrity of the wood itself. The longer the infestation occurs, the more damage the termites can do.
Over time, termites can weaken the support structures in your walls, floors, and even your roof, putting your home at risk of serious damage and costly repairs. This process can take years to reach severe levels, but if left untreated, these pests will continue to feed on the wood in your home.
Scheduling routine treatments with an experienced Bradenton termite controlspecialist is vitally important. As long as you stay on top of these treatments, you can keep your home in good shape and reduce the risk of serious termite damage.
Protecting Your Property: Effective Termite Prevention Methods
Though professional termite control appointments are the best way to deal with active infestations on your property, you can do a few things to mitigate your risk of a full infestation.
Here are a few tips to help:
- Seal cracks, holes, and crevices in your home's exterior to make it harder for termites to come inside.
- Look for the common signs of termites throughout the year and call a termite removalexpert as soon as you see even one.
- Schedule annual inspections with your termite control company to ensure no new insects have found their way inside.
These tips will help you catch potential infestations before they become severe and can make it easier to keep termites outside where they belong.
Professional Termite Control: Long-Term Termite Control And Protection
The most effective way to deal with termites is with professional termite control appointments. If you're worried about an infestation or have noticed any signs of termite activity in or around your home, let us help! Contact Westfall's Lawn and Pest to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Bradenton.
"We have used a number of pest control companies over the past 30 years, Carson and the team at Westfall are some of the best in the business! Highly professional, knowledgeable and great to work with. Highly recommend Westfall for your ALL our Pest Control needs!"
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection