Ant Control In Sarasota: Tips And Techniques From The Experts
May 10, 2023
Ants are common insects that often arrive as uninvited guests at picnics, barbeques, and other outdoor events. Throughout the United States, an estimated 700 different ant species exist. Most types of ants are social creatures that form large nests or colonies containing many others.
Are you wondering how to get rid of little ants that have invaded your home? For moderate to severe intrusions, local homeowners should consider seeking assistance from the pros. An experienced Sarasota pest control professional understands how to get rid of ants fast and what deters ants from returning to the property in the future.
Characteristics Of Common Ants
What kind of ants do I have in my Sarasota home? Most local property owners are unfamiliar with the most common types of ants found in this region. The following types are most prevalent:
- Ghost ant: Aptly named for the almost translucent appearance of their legs, ghost ants are a small type of ant. Ghost ants typically march in long trails with others and are attracted to sugary foods and areas with moisture.
- Carpenter ant: As a wood-destroying pest, carpenter ants might cause significant property damage. Carpenter ants are often multi-colored, appearing in shades of brown, black, red, or orange.
- Argentine ant: Native to South America, Argentine ants usually form massive colonies. Argentine ants are considered a highly-invasive species.
- Pyramid ant: As a predatory species, pyramid ants help reduce the populations of wasps, cockroaches, and other pests. They are mostly found outdoors, with nests along driveways and sidewalks.
- Red imported fire ant: Although they are rarely seen indoors, red imported fire ants will aggressively defend their nests. Homeowners often notice the presence of mounds in yard areas when nests exist.
While this list contains most types of ants that homeowners in this area might encounter, it represents merely a fraction of those that currently exist.
Ants In The Home Can Be A Bigger Problem Than You Think
While the majority of home-invading ants are primarily nuisance pests, some are potentially harmful. For example, fire ants will deliver a painful sting when a human disturbs their nest, which could trigger allergic reactions. Carpenter ants represent a potential source of property damage as they erode wood structures on your property.
Further, ants might spread a host of germs and cause salmonellosis and other food-borne illnesses.
Simple And Effective Ant Prevention Tips
Homeowners in Sarasota seeking to prevent ants from invading their homes should adopt a comprehensive strategy that limits attractants. This is best achieved by keeping kitchen areas clean, never leaving dirty dishes out overnight, and effectively managing all trash containing food scraps.
Another key component of any ant prevention plan is performing proper household maintenance and implementing exclusionary measures that will physically make it more difficult for ants to enter indoor areas. For example, promptly repair any damaged window screens, install sweeps along the bases of exterior doors, and fill any crevices or other openings along the base of the structure.
The Best Option For Ant Control In Sarasota
Are you seeking answers regarding how to get rid of black ants in my house? In most cases, the best solution for ant-related problems involves speaking with a local pest control professional.
Our trained specialists with Westfall's Lawn and Pest know how to stop ant infestations efficiently and will implement measures that will reduce the chance of experiencing subsequent intrusions. After receiving an inquiry from a customer regarding ant problems, we will deploy a qualified pest professional to the property who will perform a thorough inspection. Our specialists are equipped with many of the latest products in the ant control market today.
Contact our office today for additional details.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Jimmy was a lot of help for me and my family from the very beginning. His professionalism and knowledge is what every homeowner needs. I will definitely recommend this company to all my friends and family."